Events - Event View
This is the "Event Detail" view, showing all available information for this event.
If the event has passed, click the "Event Report" button to read a report and view photos that were uploaded.
Functional Awareness®: Anatomy In Action
January 21, 2018, 10:30 AM until 2:00 PM
Towson University Center for the Arts
Towson , MD
Sunday January 21, 2018, 10:30 AM to 2 PM
Functional Awareness® Strategies for Injury Prevention, Dancer Wellness & Self-Care to Improve Dance Skills
- Understand the role of the dance educator as first responder to student concerns of discomfort and pain.
- Learn the most common injuries seen in dance training and the current treatment protocols for chronic and acute injuries
- Acquire prevention techniques and exercises to mitigate the risk of injury in dance training.
- Develop strategies to integrate the concepts of injury prevention within technical training
- Acquire assessment guidelines for dance educators to distinguish between discomfort from training exertion and pain due to chronic injury.
- Integrate Functional Awareness® strategies to enhance movement potential and improve the dancer’s self-care practices.
Location: Towson University Center for the Arts