Dancing Breath with Natan Daskal
6 Fridays, Oct. 15, 22, 29, Nov. 5, 12 & 19, 10-11:30am Pacific Time, $90
“Dance is the breath made visible.” — Anna Halprin.
Breath is foundational to all of our movement; to life itself. This series centers the breath as a way to find more ease, depth, connection and presence in our dances and in our lives.
In this workshop we will :
- Study the mechanics of breathing
- Develop awareness of the breath
- Discover different aspects of the breath through guided somatic explorations
- Practice using the breath as foundational support for movement and dance
- Explore the connection between the breath and creative expression
- Reflect on and share our experiences with others
Join us to explore what can emerge when we follow the breath and allow it to move us… to become visible.
9 CEUs - $34
Natan Daskal, MA, RSME, CMT, is a dancer, somatic educator, bodyworker, and is a core faculty member at Tamalpa Institute. He has taught movement and expressive arts to children, youth, and adults in a variety of settings, and has worked directly with Anna Halprin as her teaching assistant in public workshops and classes. Natan studied ballet at the Joffrey School in New York City, received his BFA in Communication Design at Parsons the New School for Design, and received his MA in Education at Goddard College where he studied the intersection of somatics, creativity, and education. Natan’s background in theater, dance, design and fine arts combine with his love of nature and personal development under Tamalpa Institute’s approach to learning and living artfully. natandaskal.com